Lasertana Natural Cutting Board: Care Instructions
Care and Washing Instructions for your Natural Cutting Board.
- Hand Wash Only: To preserve the beauty and durability of your natural cutting board, always wash it by hand with mild dish soap and warm water. Avoid using abrasive scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Immediate Cleaning: After each use, promptly wash the cutting board to prevent food particles and stains from setting in. Do not allow liquids or foods to sit on the surface for extended periods.
- Use a Scraper: For stubborn residue or stains, use a plastic or wooden scraper to gently remove them. Avoid using metal utensils that may scratch the surface.
- Avoid Soaking: Do not submerge your natural cutting board in water or leave it soaking, as excessive moisture can lead to warping or cracking.
- Season with Mineral Oil: To maintain the cutting board's luster and prevent it from drying out, apply food-grade mineral oil or a specially formulated cutting board conditioner every few weeks or as needed. Apply a thin, even coat, let it absorb, and wipe off any excess.
- Dry Thoroughly: After washing, thoroughly dry your natural cutting board with a clean, dry cloth or paper towel. Store it in a dry and well-ventilated area to prevent mold or mildew growth.
- Avoid Extreme Temperatures: Protect your cutting board from extreme temperatures, such as direct sunlight, excessive heat, or freezing conditions, as these can cause the wood to expand or contract.
By following these care and washing instructions, you can ensure that your natural cutting board remains in excellent condition and continues to serve you well for years to come.